BrainMatterZ has several research- based programs specifically designed to optimize brain functions and
enhance brain fitness at any age.
EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONING SKILLS
Executive Functioning Skills: Fluid intelligence, powered by frontal lobe; it is an umbrella term for managing oneself and one’s resources.
- Inhibition - The ability to stop one’s own behavior at the appropriate time. The flip side is impulsivity.
- Shift - The ability to move freely from one situation to another- flexibility.
- Emotional Control - The ability to self-regulate rationally.
- Initiation -The ability to begin a task or activity independently.
- Working Memory - The ability to hold information for purpose of completing a task.
- Planning/Organizing - The ability to manage current and future task demands.
- Organization of Materials - The ability to impose order on work play, or storage spaces.
- Self-Monitoring - The ability to monitor one’s own performance and to measure against a standard.
The executive function program specifically trains the following: